This is a picture of myself. Most people know me as oldbear190.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Turn Back The Clock, March '06, Part IV: My .800+ OPS lineup.

http://www.dodgers.cc/index.php?showtopic=1929&st=81

Thats the problem though. DePo was close to assembling 8 high OPS guys (most coming into their primes/upside) even if he didnt have an unlimited budget

Werth in LF- .830OPS his rookie year (Giles could have been here)
Choi/Saenz at 1st- .824 OPS as a starter
Bradley in CF- 800+ OPS
Kent/Perez at 2nd--800+
Drew in RF 900+
Guzman at SS- 800+ potential
LaRoche/Aybar-3rd- 800+
Navarro/Martin-at C- 775+

He was close to making it happen. Even if Werth was hurt and doesnt come back, he still has Cruz and i think would have had Giles bc he would have offered a 4th year.

However, Ned came in and signed Nomar, Lofton, traded Bradley, gave up on Choi, Werth, etc...moved Guzman off SS, and didnt sign Giles.

You're gonna see the ramifications when this team has trouble scoring runs, and the players let go or traded away go on to have good careers.

My way scores more runs than your way. I think you are agreeing with that (high ops team) but you've said its not possible to put together a team like that with a budget. It definitely is. And it was definitely in the works until the McCourts gave into the media pressure and failed to see the big picture. Dispute it all you want, but I'm relying on numbers. You are not. I'm relying on 60yrs of baseball data that says scoring runs is most correlated to a team's OPS. You are not.

You are relying on generalizations, "A 1st basemen should be this...A SS should do this, etc..Odalis Perez isnt a 'winner'."... Screw that. I want every single position OPS'ing at least .800... And it was close to happening. And I'm going to evaluate every one individually and fairly.

The Dodgers are back in the dark ages of Fred Claire meets Kevin Malone in my opinion. Bloated payroll with marginal results.

I hope everyone enjoys it for this season.

However, after the A's win the WS and the media jumps on the bandwagon again, maybe Frank will switch gears yet again.


Did you like the part where I said I was going to evaluate every one individually and fairly? What about the part where I have Brian Giles leading off?

Lets also break down this comment of mine.... "However, Ned came in and signed Nomar, Lofton, traded Bradley, gave up on Choi, Werth, etc...moved Guzman off SS, and didnt sign Giles."

Signed Nomar.
Signed Lofton.
Traded Bradley.
Gave up on Choi.
Gave up on Werth.
Moved Guzman off ss.
Didn't sign Giles.

All you have to do is look at these 7 decisions to see that Mr. Ned in a joke of a GM. The man obviously has no idea what he is doing.

No comments: