This is a picture of myself. Most people know me as oldbear190.

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

I'm thrilled Dodgers lost.........but Sheets got lucky.

Sheets got lucky this game.
Dodgers only had 2 hits, but Sheets GB/FB was 8/16. He's only had 3ks.

A Jeff Kent HR and Brady Clark double is what kept Sheets from a perfecto tho.


One of the few casual fans at dodgerthoughts posted this nonsense....

Do you really think Sheets is getting lucky? Most of those flyballs are just lazy fly balls to the outfield.


Then the smartass goes on to write.....

Another lucky inning for Sheets.


All I was trying to say was that the Dodgers were like 2-29 on balls in play. Thats luck.

Not saying that Sheets wasnt inducing weak contact, but even weak contact will find holes some of the time. Especially if those balls are hit in the air. Face it people. Sheets was lucky.


Then a different smartass tries to correct me with this bologna.....

Fly balls in play are much less likely to find holes than ground balls. Fly balls just happen to leave the park a lot more often.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheets would be lucky if the Dodgers had players that hit home runs, or if the Brewers weren't used to their own field. I don't remember exactly, but I think the numbers are something like 96% of fly balls are caught, 74% of ground balls are handled, and only 27% of line drives are caught. Further, infield pop-ups are essentially automatic outs, and pitchers can actually control that sort of thing.

joeyp said...

Meh......

I stand by my statement.