This is a picture of myself. Most people know me as oldbear190.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Martin's Patience - (Do I Get Anything Right??)

I made my usual bonehead comments with friends and fellow Dodger Haters over at Weisman's site last night.
Here is what I had to say first about Russ Martin.....
Martin is such a smart hitter.
He seems to always work the count.

Works the count? He's averaging 3.4 pitches per plate appearance.
Excellent AB by Martin.
Took 2 strikes, worked the count--executed.

Uhhh. He fell behind 0-2 and that's normally a good thing? Fortunately, Kim missed his outside target and got the inner half of the plate and Martin got the SF.
I wish the Dodgers had 8 guys with Martin's approach.

Martin's approach?? You mean taking a lot of pitches. Well, I guess I didn't realize that Betemit, Martinez, Valdez, Kent, Nomar, Ethier, and Gonzalez all see more pitches per PA than Martin.

I'm such a dumbass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let a little incompetence stop you from publishing blog entries.

You are a true 'tard.

Anonymous said...

whatever happened to your little friend that couldn't write a sentence without the word 'Abreau' in it?

Keep 'em coming, 'tard.